Our next big goal is a new energy efficient facade. (any color suggestions for the finish!?)
There is not much left of our old facade, at some places it is pretty loose and easy to remove but unfortunately we had to get rid of the parts which stuck really hard to the brick as well. We need to remove every little piece of it to make sure our facade contractor get a (more or less) clean brick facade. On top of the bricks they will stick a insulation facade without a diffusion barrier (because living in an old house could mean dealing with damp walls if you wrap your house in a styrofoam facade so we want to be on the save side with this)
The day was pretty cloudy and by the time we started it also started to dizzle.. Martin said that that’s good because there will be less dust. If he’d only knew…
I began to help the boys with my tool of choice: a normal hammer… Martin, Schorsch and Ray worked with slightly efficient tools (airhamers and an electric jackhamer)
But at the time the fun began my cousin Robert showed up and I helped him working on the electric installations inside.
We Robert turned this cable mess into a proper looking and probably even better working organized electrical distribution box!
And by the time I looked out of the window the rain set in so heavy we decided to stop for the day with our goal half done.
The boys where breaded with dust and plaster anyway. I felt really bad to left them out in the rain while I worked inside… but I think they didn’t blame me.