drywall builder – part 1

Last weekend we ended our slow & lazy start of the year sick leave with some drywall covering in our extension. Some time ago we covered the lower half of the walls (we needed to do that on time so that the floor screed could be filled in).
It was the first sunny day within weeks and we’ve been lucky to welcome Codo, Jantschy and Toby on the site for giving us a hand with the wall finish.


The boys had an elaborate system of working together.
The first room was done really quickly and while they where still measuring, cutting and mounting panels I was upstairs in the attic and had to do some preparations for one of our next big projects: the thermal insulation of the roof.


I needed to seal every hole and crack to make sure the house is air-tight. (Otherwise cold air will find its way through the cracks into the warm house, condensate there and mold will apear – much likely on spots you can’t see it for month… until it get’s harmful.) To prevent that and seal all of the tiny leaks I worked with polyurethane foam, which I really loved! (I know that may be political incorrect and environmental questionable but it’s really a lot of fun foaming around with this stuff.)

Unfortunately this foam-stuff is also sticky as hell. And I got a unintentional haircut by Jantschy (some of this stuck in my tiny-neck-hair-fluff – OUCH!)
note to myself: next time better wear a cap and get your hair cut with a sharp knife.atreefor2_000011
But look at Jantschy’s face… I think he suffered as much as I did!

stay tuned for some more photos still to come…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *