Do you remember a few weeks ago I told you about our sewer-fail-weekend.
Although we tried to ignore this topic (at a site there are always things that need to be done … destractions are everywhere!) we knew that we had to do something about it…. so we tried (the installing part) again… this time around with better conditions.
We already prepared some holes a few weeks ago with our crew and we had a company hired to drill through our foundation of solid reinforced concrete. (have a look at the drill core – looks almost like Terrazzo!) They did a great job winding through 1m of concrete and steel.
The bigger problem now was the old existing sewer pipe we had to install our new one to. The municipal administration refused to renew the pipe underneath the street so we had to work with the existing old ceramic tube. yeah!
Martin removed the part of the tube that was broken and full of cracks and we installed our new tube to the first solid part of the existing one.
After the first few pipes were set everything looked pretty good and we worked our way from the existing sewer level towards the house and our hole in the foundation.
My Dad messuring the level of the big cleaning shaft. And some roots… with a giant tree next to your house you have to deal with roots almost EVERYWHERE!
The tube was installed through the foundation of the extension and the house into our basement.
Martin and my Dad ajusting the last parts of the pipeline.
we’ve been really glad to cross this one off our list!
(and all of that happend before lunch! I love those days when everything is working out so well!)
I’ll get back to you what we did in the afternoon. stay tuned.